Reflexology is an alternative therapy which descends from traditional Chinese medicine. It involves the application of pressure to specific points thereby stimulating the body self-healing potential. The pressure points are mainly on the feet where by neural pathways specific organs can be influenced. Reflexology uses various specialist massage techniques.
The therapy duration and the number of sessions is individually determined with each patient. Typically, the set includes 8-12 sessions once or twice a week but it is the patient who decides whether they need to continue the therapy. Each session lasts 45 minutes.
As we are different our responses to the therapy can also differ. However, good sleep is the most common reaction after the first session. Further effects are connected with intense removal of toxins.
- High-risk pregnancy
- Before and after organ transplant
- Post-surgery period of 1 week up to 6 months (depending on the kind of surgery)
- Deep veins thrombosis
- Feet wounds and injuries
- Extensive skin changes
Foot reflexology massage is currently one of the most popular forms of natural medicine in preventive and therapeutic influence on human body. It stimulates specific points which correspond to different glands, organs and body parts.
Benefits of foot reflexology massage:
- helps to relieve stress and nervous strain
- supports the body struggling with overwork and fatigue
- helps to fight headache and migraine
- stimulates blood circulation, unblocks fluids retention
- stimulates immune system
- enhances therapy in inflammatory diseases of musculoskeletal system and internal organs
- regulates hormonal system functioning
- reduces menstrual and menopausal disturbances
- promotes natural biological balance
- stimulates healing processes
- enhances body detoxification
- gives a burst of energy and restores vitality